Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our Summer!

We have been busy this summer! Drew has been out of town quite a bit so the boys and I have had adventures. We went to Sun River with my family and I got to lug them around behind my bike or through caves in a hiking backpack. Drew and I left the kiddos in Boise and went on a trip with my parents, brothers, and new sister-in-law to Disney Land. It was so much fun! My brother got married so we've been to Utah and back. I have been working on building my flute studio so I've been meeting with band directors, performing at local schools, and this Friday I have a performance in Portland. I have also been busy painting and decorating a bathroom (new light fixture, pictures, and vanity mirror - done while Drew was out of town I might add!) and attempting to decorate our play room (still a work in progress). It has been crazy as usual. Here are some updated pictures:



Spencer turned three this summer and loves trains, airplanes, cars, trucks, and water guns. He is going through a bit of a rough stage right now. He really struggles with being told "no" and is having a hard time with a mobile little brother who likes to cause train crashes and smash over blocks. He can be a really sweet boy though and he is a fast learner. He basically lives in an imaginary world now and often when I call him Spencer he says, "no mom, I'm ____" It changes constantly from cartoon characters to other actual people, animals, various machines etc. Today we were cargo planes. He even has an imaginary friend "Joey" who comes and goes. It is pretty cute!


It looks like Max is trying to pat Spencer here but really he is trying to hit Spencer's face. Spencer is smiling though, he really is a good sport!

Max has been walking for a while now and is my happy little adventurer. He follows his big bro around everywhere and loves sticks and throwing rocks. He eats more than any child I have ever seen and yet is our long and lean little dude. Whereas Spencer was a big talker from the start, Max is pretty content with calling all liquids "cup" and saying "woof woof" at any and every animal he sees. He is branching out finally and it is pretty cute watching him try to copy our animal sounds!


2 comments:

Marianne said...

WOW. Your cute boys are getting so big!! It's great to hear from you and just know that you're out there doin' your thing! Love and miss you!! XOXOX

karla said...

I have to agree with Marianne - those boys are getting big! It's great to hear an update from you. We miss you guys! I was just watching the video I took from Jeff and Drew's senior recital the other day - good times! I was also just wishing for dinner in a pumpkin and a fun Halloween party with the Ableman's. We love you guys. :)

The Ablemans

The Ablemans

The Boys

All Smiles!

Twelve Months

Twelve Months

Eleven Months

Eleven Months

Ten Months

Ten Months

Nine Months

Nine Months

Eight Months

Eight Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

Six Months

Six Months

Five Months

Five Months

Four Months

Four Months

Three Months

Three Months

Two Months

Two Months

One Month

One Month